Design the cover of Advanced Photoshop
News, by AprilMadden
Would you like to see your artwork on the cover of the magazine? Read on to find out how you can…
We’d like to see what you can do with our cover. That’s why we’re challenging you to produce a piece of cover artwork for Advanced Photoshop. We’ll feature the best in an upcoming issue of the magazine, and our favourite will win a paid commission to create a tutorial explaining how their artwork was created.
To enter, all you have to do is produce a piece of fantastic Photoshop artwork. But before you get started, you’ll need to bear in mind the following:
- Your artwork can be in any style you choose – photomanipulation, graphic design, digital painting or illustration.
- Your artwork should be 240mm wide by 300mm high at 300 dpi. But please send us a low-res JPEG first – if you make it into the final selection, we’ll drop you a line to ask for the high-res artwork.
- Your artwork must be an original piece that you haven’t submitted to any other magazine.
- Your artwork cannot include nudity or fan art of copyrighted characters.
- You’ll need to leave room for us to include the title of the magazine, its barcode, and some text to explain what’s in the issue.
- Make it attention-grabbing and with a strong focal point!
To enter, simply send your artwork to email@example.com with the subject line ‘Cover competition’. Please include your name, full address and contact details with your entry. The deadline for competition entries is 27 November 2014.
Need some pointers for your Photoshop artwork? Take a look at these tutorials!
Work with vectors – Part 1
Expert brushes – Part 1
Expert Compositing – Part 1
15 illustration tips & tricks – Part 1
Get serious about selections
Terms and Conditions
Imagine Publishing has the right to substitute the prize for a similar item of equal or higher value. Employees of Imagine Publishing, their relatives or any agents are not eligible to enter. The editor’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The prize is a paid commission from Imagine Publishing, paid via our standard invoicing process. The prize cannot be exchanged for cash. Unfortunately, we are unable to open this competition to readers based in Brazil.
From time to time, Imagine Publishing or its agents may send you related material or special offers. If you do not wish to receive this, please state clearly on your entry.