Creating, editing and working with shapes is integral to any digital artist, be it for web, graphics or just for fun, shapes are here to stay.
That’s why this issue we have dedicated a number of tutorials to shape work.
Utilise Illustrator and Photoshop to create a portrait in our polygon tutorial, and build a grid-based website in our metro-style tutorial.
Also this issue, we make the impossible possible with the last feature in our retouching series, focussing on CGI and Photoshop.
22 Fantasy art tips
– Essential advice from artists including how to blend photography and work with lighting
– We reveal how digital artists combine CG software with Photoshop to achieve photocell effects
Industry review: Manga Studio 5
– What we thought of the latest digital painting software from comic artists
– Combine traditional hand-drawn images with Curves, layer masks and adjustment tools
– Pro Panel: Our contributors share Photoshop secrets
– Portfolio interview: Digital art masterclass with Joel Boucquemont
– Project focus: Fantastical sporting imagery
– Studio interview: Shotopop
– Create a photoreal scene
– How I made: The Morning Star
– Design 3D type
– How I made: Atlantide
– Metro style websites
– Matte painting techniques
– Reader interview: Texture, lighting & colour
– Resource project: Digital papercraft
– Review: Manga Studio 5
– Reivew: Adobe Photoshop Touch for iPhone, Poly iPad app
Advanced Photoshop comes with a free resource disc including:
– Exclusive video tutorial:
– 1,050 Photoshop brushes
– 75 premium high-res images
– Font worth $30
– 15 paper textures worth $9.99
– Project files for the issue’s tutorials
– Exclusive wallpapers for mobile and desktop and more