There are plenty of Photoshop wannabes out there and most don’t even come close, but one that may actually be worth exploring on Mac is Pixelmator. The exciting news is that our sister magazine iCreate is giving away the latest version in Issue 122, on sale now.
This creative Mac app, which usually costs £10.49/$14.99 was recently updated to version 2.2 (Blueberry), and iCreate has a copy of Pixelmator 2.2 on its free disc for every reader. Pixelmator is great for:
• Colour adjustments on your images
• Completely changing images into shimmering works of art
• Patching up and improving photos with brushes
• Using light leak filters for tonal changes to your photos
• Vector drawing to create icons and logos
• Converting text into images you can customise
• Applying halftone effects for pop art style
• Drawing a new image from scratch & more
Check out some of the amazing features of Pixelmator yourself at www.pixelmator.com.
It’s a full, completely unfiltered version of the app with no limits on usage, and iCreate has backed it up with some beginners’ guides in the magazine to get you started. The free disc also contains a range of creative tools and plug-ins, so you can explore a wider world of music and movie making too.